Ruby on Rails Saturday, August 31, 2013

You would need a separate controller to handle the sign-in part, with its own views. When it's successful, it should redirect you to the A controller. This is how most apps do it.

-- 
Dheeraj Kumar

On Sunday 1 September 2013 at 3:48 AM, Rita Ferreira wrote:

Hi,
I'm with a very basic doubt in MVC in RoR. I'm new at RoR, I had never developed an app in Rails since the beggining, just few things separately.

I want to have a sign in page, like the first page the user see.
After sign in I will have another page where I have a menu where user can do the basis operations (new, edit, show, ...).

The stuture of the webpage is:
sign_in page -> page with basic operations -> operations

After creating the controller/views/model to do those operations, in which page should I put the sign in page?
I mean the sign in page is not related to the controller, so on /app/views should I create another file (see below), for instance called index.html.erb? 

If controller is named A, I will have the  following structure:

/app/controller
- A_controller.rb
/app/views/A
- edit.html.erb
- new.html.erb
- show.html.erb
- (index.html.erb) --------> for sign in page?
- (index_2.html.erb) --------> page with basic operations?


After do the sign in it will be redirected to the page where I will have buttons (for instance) with new, edit, show operations, this page should be another page created by me (again) on the app/views/A ?

How do you do it?
I don't know if you understand my problem. Please if not tell me, all help is welcome.

Thanks
Rita

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/8be98eb6-526b-4efe-ab4c-281b31e045a3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/28EEB66C857F4808BB4748F49AE7FAB4%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment