Ruby on Rails Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I have solved my issue of params I have give model name which it was expecting it. I can get the params but when I mail was sent from fckeditor I am getting the text with html tags in my mail what to do?

Kindly help me


On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 10:51 PM, keerthi priya <emailtokeerthipriya@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Robert Walker for response. Well send_sms is the form name only but fckeditor is expecting only models. It is not considering any of the name like

There is a model like student fckeditor works fine with below line

<%= fckeditor_textarea :student, :message,:lang => I18n.locale,:langdir => (rtl? ? 'rtl' : 'ltr') %>

as there is student model and there is no send_sms model I have issue in view but in spite of give the model name to fckeditor in controller which what that value or the text from fckeditor  in this way params[:student][:message] I do  not get any value in controller. This is what I am facing it.
There is another text box
<%= text_field :send_sms,:subject,:placeholder => 'Subject'%>
and when I access params[:send_sms][:subject] I get my params here but not with fckeditor as it expects model name first in place of send_sms but after giving the any model name I can not access my params.


On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Robert Walker <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
keerthi priya wrote in post #1126074:
> Hi all
>
> I am trying to use Fckeditor as text area to send mails.here is my code
> <% remote_form_for :send_sms,
>         :before => "Element.show('loader')",
>         :success => "Element.hide('loader')" do |sms| %>
> <div id="news_content_text_field_bg">
> <%= fckeditor_textarea :send_sms, :message,:lang => I18n.locale,:langdir
> =>
> (rtl? ? 'rtl' : 'ltr') %></div>
> <%= submit_tag "#{t('send_sms')}",:class=>'submit_button' %>
>
> <% end %>
>
> But here as the form name is send_sms I used the same name for fckeditor

In your code :send_sms is not the form name. It is the name of the model
that remote_form_for expect to interact with.

> I
> am unable to send params to my controller.I got the error like
>
> uninitialized constant SendSms.

You getting this error because there is no model object class named
SendSms.

> Can someone help me what is going wrong.

The Rails documentation can help you. I have linked to the Rails 4
documentation describing form_for. Rails 4 removed remote_form_for and
instead added the remote functionality to form_for as you can see later
in the docs:

http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionView/Helpers/FormHelper.html#method-i-form_for

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/04c6c7e56043a236852af1688f4d0a63%40ruby-forum.com.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAMJk0n4x4bk2Qm1s0%2B4tH%2BA_UGAOXMHQTxWyA7F6%3Dsf_FUtX6A%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment