Ruby on Rails Monday, December 30, 2013

I have several rails applications that I want to combine into a single application using rails engines.  Many of the models appear in multiple applications (now engines) and have some methods in common.  I want to make this code DRY, removing the code duplication that I now have.  Ideally, I want a single instance of the common methods and still be able to test each engine independently.  Where should I put the common methods?

Some pointers would be appreciated.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/c1c511e8-15c5-4299-8b4a-dae18639225f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment