Ruby on Rails Friday, December 27, 2013



On Friday, December 27, 2013 11:13:03 AM UTC-5, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM, jsnark <s...@monmouth.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  Upgrading to rails 3.2.12 did the trick.

Uh, and you realize that 3.2.13, 3.2.15, and 3.2.16 (latest 3.2.x) all
include critical security fixes, right?  :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan
Thanks.  I upgraded to 3.2.16.  Actually, I am not very concerned about this because all my applications run on an intranet and are not accessible outside my company.  The users here are not sophisticated enough to exploit any security holes in rails.

I am now going to merge several rails applications into a single one using engines so that they remain separated.  Many of the models appear in multiple applications (now engines) and have some methods in common.  I want to keep my code DRY.  I did not see how to factor out the common methods while going through the tutorial.  Some pointers would be appreciated.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/cb8f914d-a405-4e5e-9b1b-b56c29152760%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment