Ruby on Rails Saturday, December 28, 2013

Let me re-phrase that, Parallels is downloading 13.04 desktop so let's work with that version, shall we?


On Dec 29, 2013, at 12:02 AM, Scott Eisenberg <scott2@btrtrucks.com> wrote:

I'm on Macs and I found it pretty easy to set up.  I remember in the beginning some version hell with the various Gems but that seems to have settled down for me.

Maybe I can install a Ubuntu on Parallels on the Mac and see if we can guide you through this (assuming I can get it to work on Ubuntu).

What version of Ubuntu are you working with?


On Dec 25, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Dan Boyle <dan.boyle.dc@gmail.com> wrote:

I have spent hours trying to get some version of Rails installed and all to no avail. It seems there are many people who get the same errors but nobody seems to have any answers. 

I am new to both Rails and Ubuntu.  This is where I am trying to set it up. 

Most recently I went to rubyonrails.org and it suggests to use Rails 4.0 and Ruby 2.1 and to use rbenv to install rather than RVM. 

It says it installed it but then it doesn't work. 

When I type: ruby -v

I get...

rbenv: ruby: command not found

The `ruby' command exists in these Ruby versions:
  2.1.0

What is this telling me?  It says it isn't found and that it does exist.  Huh? 

Why is this so difficult?  Any insights to help me get my head around all of this would be most welcomed.

Dan

 



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/6b6b5791-b887-4ed5-a9a8-dc732e3f2d97%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/1D12B7F3-BF9C-437E-B919-12DE58BF015D%40btrtrucks.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment