Ruby on Rails Thursday, May 29, 2014

I've used the gon gem for this and liked it quite a bit.

https://github.com/gazay/gon

Pierre-Andre M. wrote:


I have a variable created by some ruby in my controller that looks like
this:

@begpoint = row["begpoint"]


and I want to pass it into some js that is referenced from within my
view:

view:

   <% javascript_include_tag "play_time" %>



js (play_time):

I am trying to pass "<beg-point>  into the js [obviously that<>  is not
the right syntax just trying to denote where'd id like the variable to
end up]


var endtime =<beg-point>+10;
myPlayer= document.getElementById('example_video_1');
myPlayer.addEventListener('loadeddata', function(){
     myPlayer.currentTime = 10505.89;
     myPlayer.play();
     myPlayer.addEventListener('timeupdate', function(){
     if (myPlayer.currentTime>= endtime) {
         myPlayer.pause();
     }


Can anyone help?  Thanks

     }, false);

}, false);

No comments:

Post a Comment