Ruby on Rails Monday, June 30, 2014

Hello,

Suppose I have this model :

class Member < ActiveRecord::Base
end

Now I have this controller :

class MemberController < ApplicationController
  def new
     @member = member
  end
end

and this form :

<h1>Add a new member</h1>
<%= form_for @member do |form| %>
 
  <p>
    <%= form.label :name, "Name: " %>
    <%= form.text_field :name %>
  </p>
 
  <p class='buttons'>
    <%= form.submit "Shorten my URL" %>
  </p>
 
<% end %>


Now I have filled in the form the name "roelof"

How can I later check if there is a member with the name "roelof"
or can I do @member.name = "roelof"

Roelof


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/d8fb9db1-8935-46a2-b6f3-c1bf0adff4c6%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment