Ruby on Rails Sunday, June 29, 2014

Will the application be living on your hardware or your client's? If it's your hardware, I suppose there isn't much to it. Set up the server and retain root/admin access.

If you're in a situation where you must deploy on the client's hardware, I think your best bet is to establish a VM guest with your application. Set it up as if it were your own hardware (retain root/admin access) and configure the VM guest to talk to your client's network.

Your client will still have access to the machine, so if they wanted to invest the time they could probably get at your application (in both cases I would use FDE). In this case at least they have to put some effort into it.

On Friday, June 27, 2014 8:09:09 PM UTC-7, Sheyam Selvaraj wrote:
I am trying to implement my application in my client place and the application is developed in Ruby on Rails.

Since I am going to deploy on their premise I wish to make the code as encrypted can be compiled but not be able to view, use or copy.


How can I do that using open-source tools.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/51c188ba-3784-45e0-97b7-7b7bc88f757c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment