Ruby on Rails Thursday, July 31, 2014

As a developer i have no doubt that ruby on rails is better than PHP. I already worked with PHP and now only use Ruby on Rails, the development is faster and easer.

But you need to look in the market, hire a php developer is easy and cheap than hire a RoR developer.


2014-07-31 16:18 GMT-03:00 Jordan Clarke <lists@ruby-forum.com>:
Hi all,

I'm looking to build an online marketplace that's similar to oDesk and
Elance where users can post jobs and have freelancers bid on them.


The current dilemma I'm in- which programming language do I go for? My
decision lies between PHP and Ruby. It might help you to know that I
already have the front-end of the web application already developed in
HTML5/CSS3/Bootstrap.


It seems that most web applications these days are being powered by Ruby
on Rails. I've been advised multiple times again and again: "Go with
Ruby on Rails. It's the new and best way to develop web applications."


What I'm wondering is- is there any real siginficant advantage to
developing my web application using the Ruby on Rails framework as
opposed to good ol' PHP?


Facebook, Pinterest, Flippa, 99Designs.com, Udemy, oDesk, and many other
huge companies were all developed using PHP, right? And there seems to
be more PHP developers available so if I were to hire a PHP developer to
help me build this, I'd have access to a large pool of readily available
talent.


On the other hand, I keep hearing that Ruby on Rails is the way to go
for web applications. Maybe it depends on the type of web application
being built? In my case- do you think a freelance marketplace platform
be better off built under PHP or Ruby? It might help you to know that I
already have the front-end of the web application already developed in
HTML5/CSS3/Bootstrap.



What are your thoughts on this?

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/08087179d2b00d3c31ecda8f7a9793fb%40ruby-forum.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAKj7%3DuRL%3DiQkyomkxyg9K7mW_i%3D2tBRmcWur0_j4bG1insXWDg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment