Ruby on Rails Saturday, November 1, 2014

Hi everyone,

This is my first time using an API and I'm lost. I basically need to
create a Rails app that authenticates a user, lists their dropbox
folders, and allows the user to upload files to the folders.

I know Dropbox has tutorials for all the above, but they're very
confusing. I tried following them but I seem to miss something. I'm not
always sure where the code goes in the rails app and I'm not sure
whether I need to install gems for authentication and file upload (do I
need gems like Sorcery or Carrierwave? or is the Dropbox gem alone
sufficient?)

I searched for tutorials explaining how use the Dropbox API but couldn't
find anything that made any sense. They all assume that the person
reading the tutorial knows where each fragment of code goes, which isnt
my case.

Could anyone recommend/share resources or tutorials on how to achieve
the above? I'd really appreciate it!

thanks a lot!

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/1c5c191714184cb420cfaedb4436b81d%40ruby-forum.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment