Ruby on Rails Thursday, January 29, 2015

I updated to rails 4.2 from 4.1 recently.  Not sure if that fact is related to my problem or not.  I have not run any tests since before update.  Now attempting to run a controller test give me the error:
'migrations are pending' with recommendation to run: bin/rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=test

when I run migrate on test I get error:
PGDuplicateTable relation 'users' already exists

If I run migration on production I do not get error.  If I run the following:
bundle exec rake db:migrate:reset RAILS_ENV=test
I can then run the test once, but trying to re-run gives me the migration pending error again.  

Incidentally, my first project migration in migrations directory creates users table:
class DeviseCreateUsers < ActiveRecord::Migration
  def change
    create_table(:users) do |t| 
       ...

This is my first rails app so I am wondering what is causing this and how to resolve.  Any ideas?

background: I am developing on windows 7 with rspec testing and Postgres database if any of that matters.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/c1324137-ecb6-4a92-802f-833ac0d32528%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment