Ruby on Rails Saturday, January 31, 2015

On 31 January 2015 at 18:42, Tiago Rossi <tiago@boltassessoria.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the answer guys, its truth, I have two versions installed, the
> server has latest version of Cpanel/WHM and it has a script developed by
> Cpanel to install ruby 1.8.3 ( /scripts/installruby ) that way ruby will
> appear at the Cpanel from each user and they can manage the apps, if I
> install any other version I need to manage the apps via command line but I
> need latest version then I've installed ruby from scratch downloading the
> latest version from https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/
> When I type ruby -v it shows 2.2.0 but at rails it shows 2.3.8. Thanks Very
> Much to shows me the free online book! It will gonna be a very good
> reference to me!
> I'll uninstall the rails and all dependencies and try to install the latest
> version and then I'll install rvm.

Install rvm first, then install rails within rvm. No particular need
to remove anything first unless you need the space.

Colin

> Best Regards!
>
> Tiago Rossi
>
> Em sábado, 31 de janeiro de 2015 07:05:51 UTC-2, Colin Law escreveu:
>>
>> On 31 January 2015 at 05:30, Tiago Rossi <ti...@boltassessoria.com> wrote:
>> > Hello, and first of all, Im starting with ruby and Ive installed into my
>> > server, sorry for my newbie question here guys.
>> > After install rails when I type rails -v it shows Rails 2.3.18 but after
>> > I
>> > type gem dependency rails it shows Gem rails-4.2.0 and other
>> > dependencies.
>>
>> I presume by that you mean that it shows the dependencies for several
>> versions of rails. In which case it means you have several versions
>> of rails installed. Your application will use whichever version you
>> specify in Gemfile.
>>
>> rails -v shows you which version is in use.
>> If you need to manage multiple versions I advise using rvm. Others
>> like rbenv I believe.
>>
>> gem list will show you all the versions of gems that are installed.
>>
>> If you have not already done so then, as you are a beginner with
>> rails, I suggest working right through a good tutorial such as
>> railstutorial.org (which is free to use online). That will show you
>> the basics of rails.
>>
>> Colin
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/621f3e54-4869-462f-a750-0b01053c0c80%40googlegroups.com.
>
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAL%3D0gLtMZgNJqzA6NDH-QvJpmevXhTRny2o2uGc8btH_Jq4xjw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment