Ruby on Rails Friday, July 31, 2015

Hi all, I am very new to the rails framework and also web programming in
general. I am currently planning to work on a personal brochure site
which has a simple blogging feature. It is going to be very light so I
did not want to use any blogging engines. What I want is the followings:

1. Three pages, 'home', 'about' and 'blog';
2. Two types of post: 'Micropost' and 'regular post';
3. One user(which is me) who can create/modify/delete all kinds of
posts;
4. There exists user login but no user can be created(except me, it is
planned to be created within rails console);
5. On the "home" page, it shows a list of microposts and on the "blog"
page, it shows all of the regular posts. On the other hand, the about
page just displays some static texts;

....

Before I get my hands dirty and start coding, I want to make sure if it
is feasible. I am very new to the concepts of MVC so I am not sure if
the followings are correct.

1. Create controller 'pages' that has 'home', 'about' and 'blog'
actions;
2. Create 'user' model with attribute: 'name' and 'password';
3. Create controller 'session' for login
4. Create models 'micropost' and 'posts' which are belonged to the user;
5. Create controllers of 'microposts' and 'posts' for create/destroy;

I am not sure if the following design will work. Also, is it okay if I
do not have a controller for model 'user'?

Thank you very much

Regards
Lawrence

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/2715c117818384863b5acc356484114f%40ruby-forum.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment