Ruby on Rails Friday, July 31, 2015

I am attaching the schema a full schema of my code there are three
tables involved first one is messages and other one users and next one
is message_replies these three table he I am trying to get the result of
all messages using case and when query . I am attaching a link for
schema :

https://gist.github.com/nwoow/998f353d3803dea2356c

Have a look at the schema tell me if you need more

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 11:14:41 PM UTC+5:30, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:
Is there anyone who can suggest me the solution for a Find_by_sql query
here when I am using mysql that work perfect . But when I converted that
into active record It is not showing the exact result . First I have
tried this code below using find_by_sql:

    @message3 = Message.find_by_sql(["SELECT u.id,c.m_id,u.name,u.email
 FROM messages c, users u
 WHERE (CASE
 WHEN c.user_one = :id
 THEN c.user_two = u.id
 WHEN c.user_two = #{current_user.id}
 THEN c.user_one= u.id
 END )
 AND (
 c.user_one ='1'
 OR c.user_two ='1'
 )
 Order by c.m_id DESC Limit 20", {:id => current_user.id}])
When I am using this query I am getting the exact value which I want but
when I am doing this thing in active record way it is not working well
SO here is the code which I have tried in active record style :

    @m1 =
Message.joins(:user).select("users.id,messages.m_id,users.name,users.email").where("CASE
WHEN messages.user_one = #{current_user.id} THEN messages.user_two =
users.id WHEN messages.user_two = #{current_user.id} THEN
messages.user_one = users.id END").where("messages.user_one = 1 OR
messages.user_two = 1 ").order("messages.m_id DESC")
When I am running this query I am getting this generate query :

SELECT users.id,messages.m_id,users.name,users.email FROM `messages`
INNER JOIN `users` ON `users`.`id` = `messages`.`user_one` WHERE (CASE
WHEN messages.user_one = 1 THEN messages.user_two = users.id WHEN
messages.user_two = 1 THEN messages.user_one = users.id END) AND
(messages.user_one = 1 OR messages.user_two = 1 )  ORDER BY
messages.m_id DESC
Both these query look same but when I am using find_by_sql method I am
getting two results but when I am reunnig query of active record it is
only showing one when I paste the generated sql in mysql there also I am
getting same result IF anyone can help me to understand the difference
between these two queries and how can I fix this I mean I need the
result of find_by_sql in active record .

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/5779d63e-358d-4715-8bdd-8eeedba421e6%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment