Ruby on Rails Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hello everyone o/

I'm currently building a Rails app and I'm using Devise and Omniauth (Google OAuth2 and Facebook) for authentication. All users are going to have unique usernames. This is not a problem when I'm using just a form, but when the users tries to sign up using Omniauth, I can't get a username that I can ensure is unique and fits the criteria I've made for a valid username. If I do try to sign up with it, it just redirects to the form that regular users would use to sign up.

I've thought about redirecting the user to a separate page where they create a username, but I don't know how I would go about this. Searching the internet has not yielded any results either. 

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this? I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks :)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/85a71a41-0174-4970-ad3b-04c9dd9a80c2%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment