Ruby on Rails Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hi I am new to RoR. 

I am on a mission to deploy my SpreeCommerce store to my VPS. It looks like a simple task but I have been working on it for 3 days.

Installing Spree and running it on development mode is a piece of cake. But I have no experience on deploying the app and automating the service on VPS.

Here is my plan:

    Deploy it on a Puma web server using Nginx as a reverse proxy server.

    Use some auto deployment  tool (such as Capistrano or Phusion Passenger) to deploy it as a service so I don't need to monitor the server manually.

What I have done:

    installed Puma and run SpreeCommerce 3.0 on Puma web server,

    Config Nginx to run my SpreeCommerce rails app on my VPS ip.

Now I need to use a deployment tool to deploy it as a service,

I have looked into Capistrano. I know it can do a lot of jobs, such as data migration and pulling source from a repository. But to be honest all I want is to deploy my
online store as a service on my VPS so I can start and stop it and run it at background. Capistrano is too much for me and the configuration looks so daunting.

Can I still find a simpler way to do what I need? Hope you can give me some suggestions. Thank you.

Best,

Aaron

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/ac7afae2-72c2-45cf-9410-986ee14b23ae%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment