Ruby on Rails Sunday, January 29, 2017



On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 1:29:03 PM UTC-5, Joe Guerra wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to compare my enddate > Time.now in my where clause.

enddate is a date field, I'm just trying to only display products that haven't expired (by the date field).


I've tried...

require 'time'

products.where(['enddate > ?', Time.now]) 


ok, I've kind of figured it out.  but I need to combine my where clause now...



require 'time'

todaydate = Time.new
# set 'todaydate' equal to the current date/time.

todaydate = todaydate.year.to_s + "-" + todaydate.month.to_s + "-" + todaydate.day.to_s


@title = @category.name
@products = @category.products.where( 'draft' => false, 'active' => true, 'funded' => false)

    @products = @category.products.where('enddate > ?', todaydate ) 



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/58c17ab3-a88e-49ee-8c90-687e6c53ec4e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment