Ruby on Rails Monday, February 20, 2017



On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 3:38:32 PM UTC-5, fugee ohu wrote:
I have admins and users sharing the same controller and model
Admins have more liberties so users form is different view
For new and create actions for example should i write new actions to work with the users form submission or should i put a conditional express in my before_action
I had the creative idea that I could use authenticate_user|authenticate_admin for my callback but it seems there's no such thing but I can use a conditional expression What's the solution?

Let me ask this Devise for users Devise for Admins are both in routes.rb So then does this have users belonging to admins out of the box already just by those 2 devise statements?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/4fd33cc1-f983-4547-9218-bede3f6b5574%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment