Ruby on Rails Sunday, February 19, 2017



On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 4:48:26 PM UTC-5, Colin Law wrote:
On 19 February 2017 at 20:38, fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have admins and users sharing the same controller and model
> Admins have more liberties so users form is different view
> For new and create actions for example should i write new actions to work
> with the users form submission or should i put a conditional express in my
> before_action
> I had the creative idea that I could use
> authenticate_user|authenticate_admin for my callback but it seems there's no
> such thing but I can use a conditional expression What's the solution?

In the new and create actions you can test the current user's role
(user or admin) and render a different view, or have a common view
with conditional code in the view (possibly calling different partials
for example), whichever is more appropriate for your particular case.

Colin

First I have to authenticate either before I can test for which in the new and create actions
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/6b01126e-deda-4260-a61a-83dc4245bf62%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment