Ruby on Rails Thursday, February 9, 2017



hmm, ok.  I'll add the has many products to my cart.rb file.   Here is my current cart index.  
Are you suggesting I nest my product loop in my cart?

Thanks,
Joe

<% @carts.each do |cart| %>
 
<tr>
 
<td><%= cart.created_at.strftime("%m/%d/%Y") %> | <%= cart.product_id %> </td>
 
<td><%#= link_to 'Show', cart %></td>
 
<td><%#= link_to 'Edit', edit_cart_path(cart) %></td>

 
<% if not cart.processing? %>
 
<td>| <%= link_to 'Remove', cart, method: :delete, data: { confirm: 'Are you sure?' } %> </td>
 
<% else %>
 
<td> <%= '| Processing order...' %> </td>
 
<% end %>
 
</tr>
<% end %>





On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 4:04:25 PM UTC-5, Colin Law wrote:
On 9 February 2017 at 17:49, Joe Guerra <jgu...@jginfosys.com> wrote:
> I've got a simple cart table with a link to a product id.
>
> I'd like to grab the values from the product table that match the product id
> in the cart, but I'm looping thru the cart in an index view.
> So, I wasn't quite sure how to accomplish this.

Assuming that you have Cart has_many products, and if you haven't then
you probably should have, then you can say (if the cart is in @cart)

@cart.products.each do |product|
  # at this point product contains the Product
end

Colin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/b043ff4b-b51a-47b8-9724-4dcb886c1c96%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment