Ruby on Rails Wednesday, February 1, 2017

> On Jan 31, 2017, at 10:55 PM, Joe Guerra <jguerra@jginfosys.com> wrote:
>
> ok, I solved of my problems. My git commit / push didn't work. Thats working now.
>
>
> the other thing is...
>
> ActionView::Template::Error (PG::UndefinedColumn: ERROR: column "startdate" does not exist
> 2017-02-01T03:51:33.326023+00:00 app[web.1]: LINE 1: SELECT "products".* FROM "products" ORDER BY Startdate ASC...
> 2017-02-01T03:51:33.326023+00:00 app[web.1]: ^
> 2017-02-01T03:51:33.326024+00:00 app[web.1]: HINT: Perhaps you meant to reference the column "products.Startdate".
>
> Startdate is a column in my database table, I don't know where it coming up with 'startdate' does not exist? I don't have that in any of my references.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 10:24:13 PM UTC-5, Joe Guerra wrote:
> This is driving me crazy. I have my web app working great in development, then I commit and push it to Github and heroku automatically deploys my app.
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work out the same as the development.
>
> Pages aren't being found on production, but they are there in development and they are on my github repo.
>
> Heroku logs are not very useful either. :(
>
> Any suggestions?

Are you using capital letters in your table names? You're going to have to do some extra work to get that to work, because the standard is lower-case table names. Some RDBMs don't care what case you use for table names, but some do.

Walter


>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/a99a74c0-76b7-4b5c-a67d-9005a77d852d%40googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/0584A484-402E-4239-AA50-11C0E5D43A96%40wdstudio.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment