Ruby on Rails Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hi Jim,

I just saw your post on the Ruby on Rails list, and I have a project that might be interesting to you.
I am a cognitive scientist at UC Berkeley and I would like to contract a  Rails developer to add a relatively simple feature to an existing Ruby  on Rails app. I am happy to pay standard hourly rates according to your  qualifications. Your work would be contributing to scientific research  on how to alleviate the problem of procrastination and help people  become more productive.    Concretely, we have programmed an experiment to study procrastination.  The existing app presents participants with a todo list of writing  tasks. The feature I would like you to add is recording the participants  written responses to those assignments in the data base. The current  version of the app is fully functional and available on Github. There is  also a documentation for the existing code.    Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions or quotes if this job sounds interesting to you.      Best wishes,

Falk Lieder
PhD candidate
Computational Cognitive Science Lab @ UC Berkeley

On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 8:07:22 PM UTC-8, jim wrote:
Hi,

I am deeply sorry if this is an inappropriate post for this group.  Please disregard if it is.

I'm Jim, a Rails developer for about 8 years (turning 9 in May).  I'm looking for a part time
project that I could work on after office hours as I am away from my family and have an
ample amount of time in the evening when I get home from work.  I am at Brisbane,
Australia so my timezone is +10 UTC.  With that, it may be good to get clients on the other
side of the globe so it's still office hours when I'm back at home.

If you have something in mind, please don't hesitate to send me an email.

Thank you and have a great weekend everyone!

Best regards,
Jim

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/e08afc41-d445-4fe9-b96b-3d0bae33b0bf%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment