Ruby on Rails Saturday, March 25, 2017

On 25 March 2017 at 02:40, Raina Millay <rmmillay@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's driving me crazy because i'm new to programming and I can't find help
> for this anywhere... I have windows 7 and when I try to pull up the
> localhost3000 after I put "Rails Server" in the command, it just has errors
> on the webpage, and then on the command prompt. I can't figure out where I
> went wrong... PLEASE HELP!!

To hope for help with that limited information is pointless.
Copy/paste the output shown in the terminal here so we can see what
the problem is (not a screen shot please, copy/paste the text. However
running Rails on Windows is fraught with problems and if it is a
Windows issue you may have trouble finding anyone who can help. My
advice is to run Rails in a Linux system such as Ubuntu or on a Mac.
You can dual boot your machine with Ubuntu/Windows or run Ubuntu in a
Virtual Machine inside Windows (or run Win in a VM inside Ubuntu).

Note that it is localhost:3000 not localhost3000, but I suppose that
may be a typo.

Colin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAL%3D0gLuq8gKjniDEy5ZdxbKD%3DK7zo%3Da1XX1o6cXOPvMSH0AEfA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment