Ruby on Rails Wednesday, May 3, 2017



 I am trying to get some things running on Rails 5.1 ..

 I have yarn/webpack working. Webpack runs as a separate server, although possibly it just builds an asset file and watches for changes.

Sometimes a large report needs to get generated, though possibly not alot. At any rate, that case calls for background processing and I am using a websocket as well to broadcast when the report has finished being generated. There is also a chat part of the web page.

 With websockets and background processing I am using sidekiq and redis. Sidekiq needs redis and websockets do as well.

 That's 4 processes running: webpack, rails, redis, sidekiq.

 I then have a little rake task that runs and if sidekiq crashed while a job was running or a job was started or exited it broadcasts a status message on a websocket which can be used by the job index page. This process I am not sure is needed as much, but with that plus the other 4 processes it seems like I am using nearly 900 meg of memory .. Should I consider that to be a bit much ? I am not sure I can divulge too much about the system but it's probably more of an internal application


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/9390eb6d-0a3a-408b-ab36-969954d2799a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment