Ruby on Rails Friday, May 5, 2017


On May 4, 2017, at 6:02 PM, fugee ohu <fugee279@gmail.com> wrote:

Debug helpers/statements go in views or controllers or can  be used in either?


You can generally use debuggers anywhere in Ruby code. (most of the community prefers byebug I think, but I can't speak for everyone. I know some who still use pry).

In your views, sometimes I stick a debugging statement in just inside the markup, like so (assuming your view is ERB):

<% byebug %>


The only exceptions to that might be a cached partial, which won't get re-evaluated. To work around such a problem, remove the caching or clear the Rails cache. 

-Jason


If you'd like to reply by encrypted email you can find my public key on jasonfleetwoodboldt.com (more about setting GPG: https://gpgtools.org

No comments:

Post a Comment