Ruby on Rails Thursday, June 22, 2017

I've started to use wicked_pdf and it works fine.  However, when I generate a PDF files, usually the CPU will get to ~80+% during the generation of the PDF by the wicked_pdf gem.  What's the proper way of handling this in my application?  I've asked around on IRC chat, stack overflow, etc, but I haven't been able to acquire a good answer.  People have told me to use Sidekiq, which I have, but this won't resolve my CPU issue unless I've put the job processes onto another machine it would seem.  Is there another way of handling this using my one server?

If it's helpful here is the stack overflow question that I posted about 12 days ago - it has perhaps a little more detail: 

Please let me know if I can provide more details on any aspect of this issue. Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/283aad1e-6be4-46ab-af8c-44425002f547%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment