Ruby on Rails Saturday, June 10, 2017

I had a Profile model that everything else belonged to and Profile in turn belonged to user The idea was that a user could have multiple accounts/identifies/personas whatever you wanna call them because people do it anyway with separate accounts At some point I decided I don't really wanna do that so I took out the Profile model Now when I try to create a new Post rails complains that user_id references profiles_id but I can't find where rails is getting the foreign key from Is it a temporary file I have to delete? Thanks in advance

ActiveRecord::InvalidForeignKey (Mysql2::Error: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`socialnetworking_development`.`posts`, CONSTRAINT `fk_rails_cd61a4aa45` FOREIGN KEY (`user_id`) REFERENCES `profiles` (`id`)): 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/838cf725-555f-4715-80bc-e8b48130ca93%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment