Ruby on Rails Tuesday, July 4, 2017

This is my first post here.  Comments on style, etc., are appreciated.

An answer is even more appreciated.

This is a continuation of my question at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44856528/how-to-trace-a-html-button-non-event-rails-authorization-with-pundit

The problem:

Figure 1:

I have a form:

The first time I visit this page, everything seems to work. I can click on "Change Role" and update the appropriate row in the Postgres table.  I can do it as many times as I like with no problems.


If I click on, for instance, somename@yahoo.com (highlighted in yellow), I get to the following page:
Figure 2:

The above is just fine.

If I click on Users on the upper right, I return to the webage denoted as Figure 1.



Now things get, hmm, (un)interesting.

When I click on Change Role, nothing happens. 

I have hooked up Wireshark and I am almost 100% sure I see no Post going out when I click on Change Role.  I am pretty sure I see no outbound http when I click on Change Role

If I refresh the page, Change Role starts working again!

I am clueless where to look or what is going on.


app/controllers/users_controller.rb
class UsersController < ApplicationController  # See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16519828/rails-4-before-filter-vs-before-action
 
#   "As we can see in ActionController::Base, before_action is just a new syntax for before_filter"
  before_action
:ralph_before_action
  after_action  
:ralph_after_action
 
  before_filter
:authenticate_user!
  after_action
:verify_authorized

 
def index
   
# byebug if ralph_test_byebug
   
@users = User.all
    authorize
User
 
end

 
def show
    byebug
if ralph_test_byebug
   
@user = User.find(params[:id])
    authorize
@user
 
end

 
def update
   
# byebug # if ralph_test_byebug
   
@user = User.find(params[:id])
    authorize
@user
    byebug
# if ralph_test_byebug
   
if @user.update_attributes(secure_params)
      redirect_to users_path
, :notice => "User updated."
   
else
      redirect_to users_path
, :alert => "Unable to update user."
   
end
 
end

 
def destroy
    user
= User.find(params[:id])
    authorize user
    user
.destroy
    redirect_to users_path
, :notice => "User deleted."
 
end

 
private

 
def secure_params
   
params.require(:user).permit(:role)
 
end
 
 
def ralph_before_action
   
# byebug
    xyz
=123
 
end
 
 
def ralph_after_action
   
# byebug
    xyz
=123
 
end

end


app/views/users/index.html.erb
<div class="bigbox">
 
<div class="box">
   
<table class="table-minimal">
     
<tbody>
       
<% @users.each do |user| %>
         
<tr>
           
<%= render user %>
         
</tr>
       
<% end %>
     
</tbody>
   
</table>
 
</div>
</div>




app/views/users/_user.html.erb
<td>
 
<%= link_to user.email, user %>
</td>
<td>
 
<%= form_for(user) do |f| %>
   
<%= f.select(:role, User.roles.keys.map {|role| [role.titleize,role]}) %>
   
<td>
   
<button><%= f.submit 'Change Role' %></button>
   
</td>
 
<% end %>
</td>
<td>
 
<%= link_to("Delete user", user_path(user), :data => { :confirm => "Are you sure?" }, :method => :delete, :class => 'button') unless user == current_user %>
</td>





--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/7fad56bb-534c-43d6-883a-7049d3e87105%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment