Ruby on Rails Monday, December 10, 2018

I'm currently writing a small app trying to understand "tests" better.  More specifically testing the authentication of my little app.  Right now I've set it up with the bootcamp/google_sign_in gem. Everything works correctly in my application, but when I go to write the test for it I'm unsure how since I'm expecting a 3rd party to provide information.  Is this where I would mock the return object from google and proceed the lookup from my fixtures user file?  I'm unsure this is the approach that should be taken.  If anyone could give me more insight into how to properly do this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/0fa542c8-2187-4f4c-a344-3d746c98a66d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment