Ruby on Rails Tuesday, January 28, 2020



On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 8:28:48 AM UTC-5, Ariel Juodziukynas wrote:
You can't, you need the .erb extension to execute ruby code.

El lun., 27 ene. 2020 a las 0:29, fugee ohu (<fuge...@gmail.com>) escribió:
How would I run this same test in javascript without renaming my room_channel.js to room_channel.js.erb ?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/bdf21e73-81a0-4485-957e-82afa0e2d6a9%40googlegroups.com.

I can change any .js file to .js.erb ? In this case it's app/javascript/channels/room_channel.js Passing data between javascript and rails is an important topic so I wanna learn as best I can without "cheating" but I'm attracted to the js.erb method too, I wanna mix it up something use js.erb sometimes use just .js so I don't end up ignorant

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/3866a144-220f-4e6a-ad06-090226af6ef9%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment