Ruby on Rails Friday, July 19, 2019

What happens now when you drop the element? Do you see anything in your browser's JavaScript console indicating that the drop event fired? Did you do anything beyond CSS (to make it look a particular way) to define the draggable and droppable behaviors for these elements? Do the draggable elements have unique IDs or data-attributes or some other sort of identification scheme?

Here's where I would start looking for more information: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTML_Drag_and_Drop_API

Walter

> On Jul 19, 2019, at 10:48 AM, John Sanderbeck <bandor535@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have an app in production that I am adding a module to for Lunch Ordering
>
> What I have is a Menu, which has Meals, and the Meals have Meal Items in Categories like Entree, Vegetable, Fruit, and Drink
>
> What I would like to do it allow Drag and Drop to build meals, and Drag and Drop to build Menus
>
> I made a standard Rails form with a Drag and Drop area for the meal with the items as draggable and sorted in groups on the right....
>
> I don't think I need an Ajax call as I am building or editing the meal. What I need to be able to do is manipulate the array that gets passed back for the Meal Items...
>
> Any suggestions or links I can look at to do this?
>
> John Sanderbeck
>
> <Untitled picture.png>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/f72ba618-4da8-4e4b-a261-5d39b233bc80%40googlegroups.com.
> <Untitled picture.png>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/8F137EF5-6122-4967-B59B-12632C62FD5D%40wdstudio.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment