Ruby on Rails Monday, May 31, 2010

I started with the ckeditor rails demo and everything worked
beautifully.

Then I deployed a couple of sites using a heavily customized "Easy"
toolbar and everything works great. In these instances I completely
disable any file upload or management capability.

Next, I implemented the "Full" version for another project so that I
could have the full functionality of the image uploads, etc. I
installed the paperclip bundle, manually created my assets/pictures
folder and manually copied the assets table from the demo app.

Everything works beautifully in the upload department. But when you
click "Browse Server" it throws an application routing error.

var upload_path = "<%=
new_attachment_path_with_session_information(:image) %>"

which is in the images.html.erb

After a couple of hours of unsuccessfully trying to correct the
configuration, and then attempting to disable the button altogether, I
resorted to crude hackery and simply overwrote all of my ckeditor
folders with the perfectly functioning folders from the demo version.

I still got the same error. So I tried creating a symlink but that did
not help either. I also check my yaml file and it is exactly the same as
in the demo.

Can anyone help? I would be happy if I could just hide the Browse
Server button. I obviously can't go into production with this mess.
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment