Ruby on Rails Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hi,

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and am trying to send mail through my Gmail account for testing. I've installed the 'action_mailer_tls' plugin using the 'sudo gem install action_mailer_tls' plugin and can confirm that it installed successfully:

$ gem list --local

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

action_mailer_tls (1.1.3)
actionmailer (2.3.8)
actionpack (2.3.8)
activerecord (2.3.8)
activeresource (2.3.8)
activesupport (2.3.8)
authlogic (2.1.5)
rack (1.1.0)
rails (2.3.8)
rake (0.8.7)


In my application, I have inserted the following line in environment.rb:

config.gem "action_mailer_tls"

However, when I try to run 'script/server' I get the following error:

=> Rails 2.3.8 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
no such file to load -- action_mailer_tls
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'
...
...
Missing these required gems:
  action_mailer_tls 

You're running:
  ruby 1.8.7.249 at /usr/bin/ruby1.8
  rubygems 1.3.5 at /home/srdan/.gem/ruby/1.8, /var/lib/gems/1.8

Run `rake gems:install` to install the missing gems.

When I try running 'rake gems:install' I get no output and trying to start up the application again gives the same error. Why is the application not recognising the gem, when it is clearly installed?

Thank you

--
Srđan Đukić

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment