Ruby on Rails Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hello,

I'm a complete newbie to Rails, and am trying to jump in and add
something to my application. I'm trying to have users check a checkbox,
accepting our terms of service, prior to registering. I have validation
scripts written to ensure that the user first and last name fields
aren't left blank (validates_presence_of), and also have scripts doing
password length checks. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to
make the checkbox validation work.

I have entered the following into my user.rb model :

class User < ActiveRecord::Base
validates_acceptance_of :eula, :message => "must be agreed to"

My other validations are there as well - example:

validates_presence_of :first_name


I have entered the following in the signup.html.erb file :


<%= check_box :user, :eula %>
<label for="terms_of_service">By checking this box I am agreeing to
Meeteor's <a href="../sites/terms_of_service"> Terms of
Service</a></label>

I entered this script down near the bottom of the page right next to the
signup button. My other validation scripts read code from the following
block :

<div class="login-register-box">
<div class="title">Personal Information</div>
<div class="blnk-spc-10"><!-- --></div>
<div class="wid-100-per">
<%form_for(:user,:url => { :controller =>
"users", :action => "meetjoe_signup" },:html => { :onsubmit=>"return
true;" }) do |f| %>
<div id="error">
<%= error_messages_for :current_user %>
</div>
<%= f.hidden_field :login %>
<input size="30" name="is_roommate"
id="is_roommate" type="hidden" value="<%=@is_roommate%>"/>
<table width="100%" border="0"
cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td width="30%" ><b>First Name</b></td>
<td><%= f.text_field
:first_name,:class=>"input-field" %><span
class="important">*</span></td>
</tr>


I'm not sure I've included everything I need to - please let me know if
anything isn't clear or if I need to add add'l info. Thank you for your
help!
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment