Ruby on Rails Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hi,

I am fighting to install Redmine therefore I need to install Ruby on
Rails to a machine behind many firewalls. OS is RHEL.

My idea was to download the packages, make and install...

There was some difficulties because the latest Ruby in the RHEL repo was
not modern enough for gem. So I donwloaded the source of ruby. Its
intall was perfect. After that point I managed to install gem.


But since this, I have no idea how can I install the rake, rail, etc.
packages with gem from local files because the firewalls do not allowe
me public internet connection in this host.

Can you help me?


Best Regards,

Gabor
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment