Ruby on Rails Wednesday, September 1, 2010



On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Peter Hickman <peterhickman386@googlemail.com> wrote:
Sorry but you blew it at "Rails Developer aims to leverage the
mindshare ". *LEVERAGE*, *MINDSHARE*. WTF are you talking about?

This is a community of programmers not suits, weasel speak is not
looked upon favourably. In fact I have now spent more time writing
this email than reading your site.

First impressions and understanding your market (or 'community' as you
call it) are important and for me you blew it.

Bye :)


From the bottom of my heart, thanks for pointing out how much I sounded like a weasel.  

I really should learn to remove "leverage" from my vocabulary when speaking with developers. Perhaps I spend too much time talking with clients these days... ;-)

Thanks again for the feedback. I hope you'll forgive me and review the site in more depth... when the time is right.

Cheers,
Robby

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment