Ruby on Rails Sunday, October 31, 2010


On 31 Oct 2010, at 22:24, Anders_P wrote:

I'm working on my first Rails app and I have a question regarding
authentication. I already have authentication for signing up, logging
in, logging out, etc. What I need is an account email activation
function and a reset password (forgot password) function. I have read
a little bit about Devise and watched the Railscast episodes on it, it
seems nice, but is it possible to add just the functions I mentioned?
And do I need to change a lot in my current models to do it? Or is it
easier to do it manually?

From the Devise documentation at github (http://github.com/plataformatec/devise):

It's composed of 12 modules:

...
• Confirmable: sends emails with confirmation instructions and verifies whether an account is already confirmed during sign in.
• Recoverable: resets the user password and sends reset instructions.
...

So you'll need to add "confirmable" and "recoverable" to your devise settings and then add several fields to the existing database tables:

confirmation_token, confirmed_at, confirmation_sent_at

and

reset_password_token

All of this is just a matter of quickly reading through the Devise source code and the docs on github. It's there in plain sight.


Best regards


Peter De Berdt


No comments:

Post a Comment