Ruby on Rails Sunday, October 31, 2010

On 31 October 2010 21:48, Peter De Berdt <peter.de.berdt@pandora.be> wrote:
>
> On 31 Oct 2010, at 22:24, Anders_P wrote:
>
> I'm working on my first Rails app and I have a question regarding
> authentication. I already have authentication for signing up, logging
> in, logging out, etc. What I need is an account email activation
> function and a reset password (forgot password) function. I have read
> a little bit about Devise and watched the Railscast episodes on it, it
> seems nice, but is it possible to add just the functions I mentioned?
> And do I need to change a lot in my current models to do it? Or is it
> easier to do it manually?
>
> From the Devise documentation at github
> (http://github.com/plataformatec/devise):
>
> It's composed of 12 modules:
>
> ...
> • Confirmable: sends emails with confirmation instructions and verifies
> whether an account is already confirmed during sign in.
> • Recoverable: resets the user password and sends reset instructions.
> ...
> So you'll need to add "confirmable" and "recoverable" to your devise
> settings and then add several fields to the existing database tables:
> confirmation_token, confirmed_at, confirmation_sent_at
> and
> reset_password_token
> All of this is just a matter of quickly reading through the Devise source
> code and the docs on github. It's there in plain sight.

I may be misinterpreting the original post, but I suspect he is not
actually using Devise at the moment.

Colin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment