Ruby on Rails Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Do you remember the version of the gem(s) you had before you updated
them? There is a way to install specific gem versions by adding the
version at the end of the install command. Something like this:

gem install rails -v=2.3.5 # This would install Rails 2.3.5

You can also check the dependencies of the other installed gems to try
to figure out the version you might be missing. Check the
documentation at http://docs.rubygems.org/read/chapter/10#page78

On Nov 29, 3:01 pm, John <joben...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've seen people post similar issues at various places, but I have yet
> to find an explanation on how to resolve this issue. I'm a new Rails
> user, so I need a little adult supervision please.
>
> I carelessly ran a "gem update" this morning and it updating a couple
> gems. Since that point, I've been unable to use rails. When I attempt
> to, I get the error:
> "/Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems.rb:779:in 'report_activate_error':
> RubyGem version error: builder(3.0.0 not ~> 2.1.2) (Gem::LoadError)"
>
> There were a few additional lines. If those would be helpful in
> troubleshooting this error, please let me know.
>
> As far as I can tell, this is a dependency issue. I tried uninstalling
> the builder gem and reinstalling it. That didn't fix the error. I
> tried uninstalling the rails gem and it's dependencies and reinstalled
> them all. That also didn't fix it. I'm at a loss for what to do.
>
> Your suggestions and guidance are appreciated.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment