Ruby on Rails Tuesday, November 30, 2010



On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:25 AM, Conor Nugent <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
Hi Nick,

I think that you are right and the problem lies with your installation
of wkhtmltopdf given your command line problems. Maybe try uninstalling
wkhtmltopdf

apt-get remove wkhtmltopdf

and then installing via PDFKit

pdfkit --install-wkhtmltopdf

or manually

Sorry,  I know this isn't much help!

Right... also, when you say your pdf is blank --- does the file actually open or is it empty? I had a situation where I was getting empty files, which of course would not open. I'll try to remember what the solution was if you let me know what your situation is.
 


Nick Burdick wrote in post #964978:
> Conor Nugent wrote in post #963078:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> I'm really glad the post helped! Thank you for all your advise too!
>
> David, Conor,
>
> I tried to install via the method mentioned by Conor above and when I
> generate a PDF, it comes up blank.  I also try running from the command
> line and I also get a blank PDF.  It's really strange, when I installed
> the first time (into the default location) and I ran from command line,
> I got it to work with "wkhtmltopdf www.google.com goof.pdf" but it
> hasn't worked since.  I have a new MacBook, running rvm with ruby 1.8.7
> and rails 3.
>
> Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated.  I'm wondering if I
> somehow need to do a complete delete after the various attempts at
> installation, but I don't see anything else to delete aside from the
> wkhtmltopdf file in use/local/bin or the rvm directory.  Have either of
> you had to install the 64 bit version?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment