Ruby on Rails Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On May 31, 11:21 am, Jedrin <jrubia...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am in the USA. I tend to target mostly Rails work.
>
>   Robert Half had called me and said that they had been getting in
> Rails contracts and wanted to talk to me. Often times they do not get
> so much rails work. I took it as a possible sign of a pickup in rails.
> I went to their office and met with them and they had given me this
> contract to sign.
>
>  My impression had been that their rates may seemed to be low and I
> had flat out told them that in the past. This in particular when they
> told me $40 an hour for PHP work (or even less). I am less interested
> in PHP, but I don't want to rule it out altogether.  Thus far I have
> not told people who want to talk to me that I am not interested. I had
> not signed their contract and felt I should email the friendly fellow
> at Robert Half back and tell him something as to my impression of this
> contract as to why I don't want to sign it or maybe other people can
> tell me it doesn't matter really if I sign it or not, but my default
> position is I am not going to sign it ..

If you don't understand the contract, then just don't sign it.

You can always get a lawyer to look this thing over for you too, if
you want to invest in it.

Odds are, if the contract doesn't make sense, or is obscure, there's a
good reason - it benefits them and it hoses you. Just my experience -
take it for what it's worth.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment