Ruby on Rails Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hi all, 


I am a brand new user here so please accept my apologies if this has already been covered. 

I have searched extensively for the problem I'm having but cannot find a solution. Also, I am very new to Ruby on Rails. I played around with RoR back in 2008 but never fully got into it. 

I have installed all the required and not-so-required things needed like rvm, homebrew, xcode (I'm on an iMac Lion OSX).

I'm trying to follow the Rails Cast from Ryan Bates called #332 Refinery CMS Basics located here: http://railscasts.com/episodes/332-refinery-cms-basics

The problem is this:

I installed "imagemagick" as it suggests in the video. However, I keep running into an issue where the "libtiff" dependency won't install on my machine. So I ran "brew doctor" to diagnose and it tells me "You should `brew install` the missing dependencies: brew install libtiff".

So, I did "brew install" and it starts making and configuring the libtiff and make installing but after a few seconds it says "error: OpenGL/gl.h: No such file or directory" as well as "Error: Failed executing: make install (libtiff.rb:18)" 

I know this isn't specifically a Rails issue but since I'm trying to play around RefineryCMS fromt he railscasts video I just wonder if anyone else has had this same issue?  If so, any ideas on how to fix the problem?  I know that this will effect other things as well so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any information would be very helpful. Also, keep in mind I'm no expert at the command line.

If you need more information please let me know and I'll do my best. I didn't want to copy/paste everything just yet in case it was a simple answer.

Thanks very much in advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/GtSZX9igGSQJ.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment