Ruby on Rails Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hi everyone, new to the group, new to programing and most certainly new to RoR (so forgive me if this questions is stupid)

Last week I started to take the RoR course at onemonthrails.com and I've been stuck on Adding Bootstrap lesson since last week. Every time I run 'bundle install' after adding the bootstrap-sass Gem to the Gemfile I get:

Installing bootstrap-sass (2.3.2.1)
Errno::EACCES: Permission denied - /Users/Diego/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper
An error occurred while installing bootstrap-sass (2.3.2.1), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that `gem install bootstrap-sass -v '2.3.2.1'` succeeds before bundling.


When I look in:
/Users/Diego/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper
and do: ls -a
I don't see the ruby_noexec_wrapper file

GitHub rep at: https://github.com/dschmunis/omrails

I've spent countless hours googling the issue and reading post on Stackoverflow but can't find a solution and haven't gotten any responses on the course's Comments page.

I don't want to give up on RoR or the course as I was starting to feel good with my progress and what I was learning, but unless I'm able to get past this spot I don't know what else to do/try.

Can any one please help?

Best,
Diego

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/61dea6f5-e613-450b-b013-799e6a3f5168%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment