Ruby on Rails Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hi there.

I'm interested in extracting parts of my application to a local gem in vendor/gems. The reason I haven't done that yet is that I'm not sure about what would be the best way to handle auto-reloading for such gems...

I'm pretty aware of the argument that if you're doing TDD you don't need auto-reloading, but still I'm interested in auto-reloading.

I've taken a look at a few solutions like require_reloader and gem_reloader but I'd prefer to use some more robust approach if possible, as I wasn't much comfortable with their implementation...

Is there any official way for developing Rails applications with local gems so that their code could be automatically reloaded in some robust/easy way?

Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/de736f35-b24f-4e34-a074-070f0b302dd4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment