Ruby on Rails Wednesday, October 29, 2014



On Monday, 27 October 2014 21:17:38 UTC-4, Sonali Katara wrote:

I have a single table in which I store favourite dishes of users. A user can have more than one entries in the table. I have generated a view to show all the entries in the table but how do I create a view to show just the list of users. I don't have a table saving the users so I have to use DISTINCT to get the names of the users from my one and only table

I appraoched this by creating a new route
/foodsIlike/user_list

get '/foodsIlike/user_list' => 'foodsIlike#user_list', :as => 'user_list'

instead of going to the user_list it tries to find a record with :id=user_list as that is what it would do to show one record


I'd also recommend reconsidering your schema like the other replies, but the bigger problem here is route order. You're getting this behavior because you have the route that matches `/foodsIlike/:id` is *before* the one that matches `/foodsIlike/user_list` in config/routes.rb

--Matt Jones

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/bf73e36a-3369-4f24-846a-599db950b5f0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment