Ruby on Rails Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Just FYI, I've already achieved this using some techniques just after posting the question but I'm still interested in knowing whether there's some official way of supporting that flow...

Em quarta-feira, 29 de outubro de 2014 14h27min45s UTC-2, Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas escreveu:
Hi there.

I'm interested in extracting parts of my application to a local gem in vendor/gems. The reason I haven't done that yet is that I'm not sure about what would be the best way to handle auto-reloading for such gems...

I'm pretty aware of the argument that if you're doing TDD you don't need auto-reloading, but still I'm interested in auto-reloading.

I've taken a look at a few solutions like require_reloader and gem_reloader but I'd prefer to use some more robust approach if possible, as I wasn't much comfortable with their implementation...

Is there any official way for developing Rails applications with local gems so that their code could be automatically reloaded in some robust/easy way?

Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/ed4d90f5-f09d-4aa8-bad7-ff516af1e191%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment