Ruby on Rails Monday, November 30, 2015

Hey mate thanks for heads up, your suggestion worked in installing the gem. But how can I use this gem now, like if I follow this example , it gives me no such file can not be loaded 'numru/grib'. So is there any other docs which should I follow to use this gem ?

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Yash

On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 8:28:05 PM UTC+11, Colin Law wrote:
On 29 November 2015 at 08:33, Yash Narwal <ynar...@gmail.com> wrote:
HI there , I am trying to install a ruby gem called rb-grib but I am constantly having issues while doing so.
I am using Ubuntu 15.04

I tried to install requirements for this gem which are 
In order to install grib_api I followed every instructions I can find on web but when it comes to final step in installation (sudo make install) , it gives me an error
"checking for grib_api.h ... no"
"Could not create makefile due to some reason"

I have followed this guide to install grib api Guide
Snapshot of the error I am having in the final command for the api(from the guide link) (make install)
I am really look forward to have some help in installing the rb-grib gem.

sudo apt-get install ruby-grib
might be what you want.  The description is "Ruby interface to the ECMWF GRIB API
It is always worth using synaptic to search the repositories before trying to install by hand.

Colin
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/f5c737b3-563e-4d20-93b9-b5f3fbdd997c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment