Ruby on Rails Monday, November 30, 2015

On 30 November 2015 at 19:26, Yash Narwal <ynarwal10@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey mate thanks for heads up, your suggestion worked in installing the gem.
> But how can I use this gem now, like if I follow this example , it gives me
> no such file can not be loaded 'numru/grib'. So is there any other docs
> which should I follow to use this gem ?

I have no idea, I have not heard of it before you asked, I just
googled a bit to come up with my previous suggestion. However if you
tell us more someone may be able to help. Post the source file around
the area giving the error and post the full error message and tell us
which line it is failing on.

Colin

>
> I really appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks
> Yash
>
> On Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 8:28:05 PM UTC+11, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 29 November 2015 at 08:33, Yash Narwal <ynar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> HI there , I am trying to install a ruby gem called rb-grib but I am
>>> constantly having issues while doing so.
>>> I am using Ubuntu 15.04
>>>
>>> So I went to this page http://www.rubydoc.info/gems/rb-grib/0.2.2
>>> I tried to install requirements for this gem which are
>>>
>>> Ruby (www.ruby-lang.org/) Pass
>>> NArray (narray.rubyforge.org/index.html.en) Pass
>>> NArrayMiss (ruby.gfd-dennou.org/products/narray_miss/) Pass
>>> GRIB API (www.ecmwf.int/products/data/software/grib_api.html) Fail
>>>
>>> In order to install grib_api I followed every instructions I can find on
>>> web but when it comes to final step in installation (sudo make install) , it
>>> gives me an error
>>> "checking for grib_api.h ... no"
>>> "Could not create makefile due to some reason"
>>>
>>> I have followed this guide to install grib api Guide
>>> Snapshot of the error I am having in the final command for the api(from
>>> the guide link) (make install)
>>> I am really look forward to have some help in installing the rb-grib gem.
>>
>>
>> sudo apt-get install ruby-grib
>> might be what you want. The description is "Ruby interface to the ECMWF
>> GRIB API
>> It is always worth using synaptic to search the repositories before trying
>> to install by hand.
>>
>> Colin
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/f5c737b3-563e-4d20-93b9-b5f3fbdd997c%40googlegroups.com.
>
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAL%3D0gLt89suFvKXMeEHNCrJp1%3D6-TxTOqoq_oKV-mpt8oqUDtQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment