Ruby on Rails Thursday, July 28, 2016

On 28 July 2016 at 14:04, Rupinder Kaur <rupinderwadali@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 9:35:35 PM UTC+5:30, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 27 July 2016 at 12:55, amitoj singh <amitoj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello Developers,
>> > I am working on a Web rails project which is working fine with the
>> > Internet. But I have to use this project in the areas where there is
>> > no or very less internet connection. So I would have to make this web
>> > application work offline.
>> >
>> > The application contains multiple pages. How can I do so? I thought to
>> > do so using cache I have found this
>> > http://guides.rubyonrails.org/caching_with_rails.html. Can I use this
>> > in my application? If yes then how?. I want all my views(html) as well
>> > as assets( stylesheet and Javascript) should work offline.
>> >
>> > I had tried rack offline but it can only do single page offline. Now I
>> > am working on service worker but still unable to do multiple pages
>> > offline.
>>
>> Rails caching as described in the guide describes how to cache common
>> pages on the server, not in the browser PC. If you do not have access
>> to the internet (and therefore cannot access the server) then this
>> form of caching will not help.
>>
>> If you want to use your application offline then the pages must be
>> saved somewhere. Where are you hoping that this might happen? In
>> the browser?
>>
>> Colin
>
>
> Hello developers,
>
> I am also facing the same problem. I am trying to make the whole rails app
> offline which has multiple pages with dynamic content and photos as well as
> the audio file. I tried the rack-offline but found that it does not work for
> me because it is outdated and then try the serviceworker-rails gem and
> follow the
> https://rossta.net/blog/offline-page-for-your-rails-application.html
> tutorial and create one page that works offline when the app is not
> connected to the internet but my requirement is to make the multiple pages
> of the application work offline which have dynamic content instead of
> creating a new page. Please suggest me some alternative. I am new in rails
> and I tried a lot of ways but did not get the solution yet because I don't
> have any prior experience. How should I store the pages that will work
> offline? How can we do so?

What do you mean by "dynamic content"?

Colin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAL%3D0gLvJ-3ULMCOqW%2Bt-ZOeofue%2Byk7FQ2qHn8FEi9FHRHAm2A%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment