Ruby on Rails Thursday, July 28, 2016



On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 9:35:35 PM UTC+5:30, Colin Law wrote:
On 27 July 2016 at 12:55, amitoj singh <amitoj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Developers,
> I am working on a Web rails project which is working fine with the
> Internet. But I have to use this project in the areas where there is
> no or very less internet connection. So I would have to make this web
> application work offline.
>
> The application contains multiple pages. How can I do so? I thought to
> do so using cache I have found this
> http://guides.rubyonrails.org/caching_with_rails.html. Can I use this
> in my application? If yes then how?. I want all my views(html) as well
> as assets( stylesheet and Javascript) should work offline.
>
> I had tried rack offline but it can only do single page offline. Now I
> am working on service worker but still unable to do multiple pages
> offline.

Rails caching as described in the guide describes how to cache common
pages on the server, not in the browser PC.  If you do not have access
to the internet (and therefore cannot access the server) then this
form of caching will not help.

If you want to use your application offline then the pages must be
saved somewhere.  Where are you hoping that this might happen?   In
the browser?

Colin

Hello developers,

I am also facing the same problem. I am trying to make the whole rails app offline which has multiple pages with dynamic content and photos as well as the audio file. I tried the rack-offline but found that it does not work for me because it is outdated and then try the serviceworker-rails gem and follow the  https://rossta.net/blog/offline-page-for-your-rails-application.html tutorial and create one page that works offline when the app is not connected to the internet but my requirement is to make the multiple pages of the application work offline which have dynamic content instead of creating a new page. Please suggest me some alternative. I am new in rails and I tried a lot of ways but did not get the solution yet because I don't have any prior experience. How should I store the pages that will work offline? How can we do so? 
Thanks :).

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/7adfbc67-bc22-4c1a-a671-5593ebc41ea5%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment